Yamaha YPC-62R Piccolo
The YPC62R features a reform lip plate (slightly raised 'wings' on either side of the embouchure hole) give this instrument an enhanced responsiveness and positivity.
The YPC62 piccolo is an excellent first wooden instrument for you if you are wishing to combine flute and piccolo playing in an orchestral or ensemble setting. The hard wearing materials make this instrument extremely durable, and the well-spaced keywork means that playing remains comfortable. The YPC-62R features a similar design and boasts a high degree of hand-craftsmanship for excellent intonation and playability.
- "Wave" Cut Headjoint: The "Wave" cut headjoint offers an extremely gratifying response as well as a wider dynamic range
- Professional Playability: Professional piccolos feature select grenadilla wood for exceptional tone as well as conical bore for accurate intonation. A long time favourite of today's professional musicians
- Ribbed key post construction: Greater body strength and accurate key action
- Split E mechanism: Produces a clearer and more responsive high E
- Undercut tone holes: Improved intonation and response due to smoother airflow throughout instrument
- Double bladder pads: Long life and better seating
The Yamaha YPC-62R is supplied in a leather-bound hard case with basic cleaning accessories such as a polishing cloth, gauze cloth, metal cleaning rod and cork grease included.
About the maker
Yamaha is a leading player in the musical instrument industry. Yamaha instruments are renowned for their exceptional build quality, reliability and manufacturing precision and consistency. Many players choose Yamaha as they are a widely respected and trusted brand.
- Model: YPC-62R
- Key: C
- Headjoint: Grenadilla
- Lip Plate: Reformed
- Body: Grenadilla
- Foot Joint: N/A
- Tone Holes: N/A
- Keywork: Closed Hole
- Offset G: Yes
- E Mechanism: Split E
- Arms: Y-Arms
- Warranty: 2 Years