Yamaha YHR-302M Marching French Horn
The YHR-302M shares many of the same warm tonal colours as our concert models.
Pay On Finance (subject to status)
To buy this instrument on finance, please add it to the cart and follow the instructions that then follow
The YHR-302M shares many of the same warm tonal colors as our concert models.
But more than a traditional French horn, the 302M has been designed to project its rich tonal colors across the marching field; we've added strength to the natural beauty of its sound.
- Well balanced
- All Yamaha marching instruments as well-balanced, so they are easy to hold maneuver while marching.
- Hand-fitted valves and slides
- Hand-fitted ensures an absolutely perfect fit and seal between the valve pistons and casing or slide parts. Such a fit helps to achieve smooth air flow and smooth action, and improves the response and intonation of thee instrument.
- Laser-fused plasma-welded bells
- A high-energy laser fuses the brass together for a virtually seamless bell, which results in continuous, even vibrations.
- Pressure-formed tubing
- The perfectly rounded tubing results in less turbulence and a smoother air flow, thus making possible an excellent scale and reduced resistance.
- Heavy bracing
- All Yamaha marching instruments have heavy bracing throughout, so they are more durable at vulnerable points and can withstand the rigors of use in a marching band.
- 1st valve thumbhook
- All marching brass (except for the YEP-201M) feature a 1st valve thumbhoook for intonation adjustments.
The Yamaha YHR-302M is supplied in a hard case. A Yamaha HR-30C4 mouthpiece is also supplied. An accessory pack including a polish cloth and a bottle of valve oil is also provided.
- Model: YHR-302MS, YHR-302M
- Key: Bb
- Bell Size: Yellow Brass 257mm (10 1/8")
- Valves: Piston, 3
- Bore: 12mm (0.472")
- Water Keys: Lever, 2
- Body: Yellow Brass
- Finish: Silverplate (YHR-302MS), Lacquer (YHR-302M)
- Mouthpiece: HR-30C4
- Warranty: 2 Years