The new models of Silent Brass for euphonium expand the lineup with the same Silent Brass concept used for trumpet, trombone, flugel horn and French horn. These innovative tools make it easier for players to practice and perform wherever and whenever they feel inspired.
The new SILENT Brass Pickup Mute is designed to be significantly smaller and lighter than previous models to improve the balance when playing, yet it offers approximately the same muting efficiency along with stable pitch over a wide range and unrestricted breath flow. The disassembled mute body halves can be stacked for compact storage
The superior sound with outstanding presence is ensured by the original Yamaha digital Brass Resonance Modeling technology which extracts the full, open tone of brass instruments from the muted sound. With the natural sound, the player is less likely to over blow or play with unnecessary tension, allowing for the most effective practice.
The player can interface the Silent Brass to external devices. By connecting to portable audio players or smart phones with audio playback capability, the player can play with favourite tunes, or practice with minus-one backing track data.
- Suitable for Euphonium
- Mute Model: PM2X
- Mute Dimensions (Diameter x Length): 210 x 395 mm (8-1/4" x 15-9/16")
- Mute Weight: 750 g (1 lbs. 10 oz.)
- Internal Microphone: Electric condenser microphone
- Pickup Output Jack: Mini phone jack
- Nominal Level: -25dB～-35dB
- Brass Resonance Modeling™: Yes
- Personal Studio™ Model: STX-2
- Personal Studio™ Dimensions (W x D x H): 70 x 20 x 98mm
- Personal Studio™ Weight: 71g (2.5 oz) without batteries
- Jacks and Terminals: MUTE IN, AUX IN, PHONES
- Control: VOL. (volume), Reverb type, Power ON/OFF
- Brass Resonance Modeling: Yes (It behaves correctly only when compatible Pickup Mute™ is connected to Personal Studio™.)
- Power Supply: AA alkaline or nickel-metal hydride batteries x 2 (3V DC)
- Included Accessories: Cable, Stereo Earphones, Owner’s Manual, belt