Smith-Watkins Soloist Eb Soprano Cornet
This cornet, designed by Dr. Richard Smith, has a unique facility for swapping leadpipes, enabling changes in musical quality for varying playing styles and environment.
Add to wishlist
- Out of Stock
Pay On Finance (subject to status)
To buy this instrument on finance, please add it to the cart and follow the instructions that then follow
The Smith–Watkins Soloist cornet is designed by Dr. Richard Smith, has a unique facility for swapping leadpipes, enabling changes in musical quality for varying playing styles and environment. This is of great advantage not only to the solo player who may regularly use different pipes. These are superb state-of-the-art instruments with the highest reputation for performance. This cornet is not kept in stock and is made to order only.
- 2 waterkeys
- 1st and 3rd mobile slides
- Proven valve system, as used on Smith-Watkins trumpets since 1984
- Monel Pistons
- Lightest valves available for a quicker and more responsive action
- Brass valve guides give a positive location of valves which is preferred by professional players.
- Corrosion resistant phosphor bronze valve springs
- Brass inner and outer slides for a smooth slide action
- Water keys with synthetic seals giving a perfect seal
- Monel pistons which are highly resistant to corrosion for a longer life
- Includes a choice of 5 leadpipes
The Smith Watkins Soloist cornet is supplied in a hard flight case.
About the maker
Smith - Watkins are a leading player in the musical instrument industry. Smith - Watkins instruments are renowned for their exceptional build quality, reliability and manufacturing precision and consistency. Many players choose Smith - Watkins as they have been a widely respected and trusted brand for many years.
- Model: Soloist
- Key Eb
- Valves: Piston 3
- Bore: Medium Large Bore: 0.460" (11.68mm)
- Water Key: Lever 2
- Body: Yellow Brass
- Finish: Silver Plated
- Lyre Box: No
- Leadpipe: Choice from 5 leadpipes