The baritone not only represents the low voice of the Quartet, but must also provide the harmonic support and tuning reference for each group.
The “Super Action 80 Series II” baritone meets this requirement by offering excellent homogeneity of sound over the whole range. Precise and easy blowing improves ease of playing including in the higher register, and with an expanded range (going down to low A), it even fits into the most modern repertoires. With a warm, soft tone, its refined keywork enables the attainment of virtuosity as on other instruments and ensures excellent handling.
- Key: Eb
- Range: low A/high F#
- Thumb rest: adjustable, in plastic
- Blue steel needle spring
- Waterkey: on the upper arm.
- Leather pads, metal booster
- Non-slip holder with a fixing ring (optional)
- Supplied with Selmer S80 C* Mouthpiece and Flight case