Selmer Privilege Bb Clarinet
Praised for its great flexibility and consistency, the new Privilège clarinets have evolved, offering refined aesthetics, ergonomics and tuning.
Pay On Finance (subject to status)
To buy this instrument on finance, please add it to the cart and follow the instructions that then follow
If you are an advanced clarinetist looking for an instrument with a homogeneous sound that can handle a variety of styles and professional situations, then the Selmer Seles Privilège Bb clarinet is ideal for you.
The Privilège clarinets are exceptionally consistent in tuning, blending easily with other instruments in all acoustic settings including symphony, opera, large ensemble, chamber and in the studio. The perfectly balanced throat tone area (E, F, F#, G) really shines, making the Privilège extremely consistent over the entire range of the instrument. Additionally, most notes do not require corrective fingerings to be tuned, and extra correction keys are not necessary for notes in the low register (E and F).
- Select wooden body: The highest quality grenadilla wood is selected, delicately worked, naturally treated, lacquered and waterproofed for a protection and finish at the top of its class
- Adjustable thumb rest: For a more natural and comfortable hand position
- Silver plated keywork: Long lasting finish and comfortable feel
- Bore diameter: 14.60 mm/ 0.574 inch
- A more natural feel: Ergonomically redesigned keywork, including a new key shape and orientation for the right and left little fingers, and an improved mechanical response are among the developments that facilitate the clarinetist’s easy switch to the Privilège
- Two Tuning Barrels: 65.5 and 66.5 mm for precise tuning
- Pads: White leather pads with metal booster in the low register. White Gore-Tex pads for remaining body except 12th key with cork
- Left hand Eb lever: Useful alternative key for Eb/Ab notes
- Metal cork tenons: For strength and stability.
- Elegance that matches its performance: For the first time on clarinets, keys and barrel rings are adorned with fine engravings.
- Black matte chromed rings blend into the body colour highlighting the clarinet’s pure silhouette
- The finish is completed with an ‘S’ inlay in nickel silver, a legendary symbol of the brand founded in 1885 by clarinetist Henri Selmer
The Selmer Seles Privilège clarinet is supplied in a hard case with an internal space for smaller accessories e.g. corkgrease. Also included is a Selmer Paris Focus mouthpiece, silver plated cap and ligature, cork grease and pull-through.
- Model: Seles Privilège
- Key: Bb
- Material: Grenadilla
- Keywork: Silver Plated
- Mechanism: Full Keywork
- Finish: Black
- Mouthpiece: Selmer Focus
- Lyre Box: No