For about twenty years, the bass clarinet has enjoyed a boom thanks to a broadened repertoire. A major player in this dynamic, Selmer Paris has accompanied this evolution by bringing constant improvements to a range widely praised for its acoustic qualities.
The Privilege bass clarinet marks a decisive step forward in the development of the instrument while keeping the basic design which made the previous models so successful.
It combines strikingly easy blowing and a round, warm sound that has gained in homogeneity and power. Its versatility also enables real work on the sound imprint. Tuning is very much improved and balanced over all registers.
The overall ergonomics have evolved: easier keywork feels better under the fingers and allows a more natural and comfortable playing position. Its great responsiveness provides swiftness close to the B-flat and opens up a feeling of freedom. Numerous technical improvements equally enhance the functioning of the instrument.
All Selmer Bass clarinets come with a Concept Mouthpiece and the "Pro-Light" case.
- Key Bb
- Range to Low C
- Silver-plated nickel and brass keywork
- Upper and lower joints in ebony
- Silver plated brass bell
- Bore: Upper joint: 23,5mm - Lower joint: 23,4mm
- 1 neck: One closed or one open curve
- Leather pads fitted with metal resonators
- Stainless steel needle springs
- Weight: 3.6 kg
- Mouthpiece: Selmer Concept B-Flat bass clarinet mouthpiece
- Case: B-flat Bass Clarinet to Low C Pro Light Case