Add to wishlist
Please be aware that our normal warranty/guarantee cover does not apply to this instrument as it has been pre-owned by a client and sold by us on their behalf. Whilst we do all we can to ensure that they are working to the best of their ability, such goods are purchased as seen. However if the item is purchased online, the procedure is covered by our distant selling rules which can be found on the delivery/returns page.
The design of the JP263Rath B/F compensating French Horn is geared towards the progressing player looking for a lighter weight French Horn with access to both the Bb and F sides of the instrument.
Michael Rath is highly regarded for his trombone designs, but what is less well known is that he spent ten years working with Paxman’s making French Horns.
- Constructed from high grade 80:20 brass throughout
- Exclusive Rath design leadpipe
- Includes a compensating system allowing access to both Bb and F sides of the instrument
- Mechanical (ball & socket) linkage and neoprene valve bumpers, usually reserved for more expensive French Horns
- Reversible Bb/F lever for those who prefer the horn to stand in Bb rather than F
Wear & Tear Observations: This French Horn was purchased in May of 2020 and is being sold due to an upgrade to a professional level horn. The instrument is in a fantastic condition with little to no lacquer wear. There are no visible dents, scratches or signs of previous repairs.
The JP263Rath is supplied with a JP612 mouthpiece and comes equipped with a high quality hard case for maximum protection.
About the maker
- Model: JP263 Rath
- Key: Bb/F
- Valves: 4 Rotary
- Body: Yellow Brass
- Finish: Lacquer
- Lyre Box: No