The OT-120 is a chromatic tuner intended for the orchestra, packaging high performance and sophisticated functionality in a vertical design that's easy to hold and operate. It features a dual-display, an easy-to-see needle-type indicator and a backlit LCD screen that shows the battery level, sound output level, calibration, key and note name. Additional design features include a large dial that makes it easy to select the desired mode, finger-friendly buttons and a rear-mounted stand that lets the unit stand by itself. A sophisticated silver aluminum panel contributes to its sleek, new look.
The OT-120 uses a high-precision needle-type meter to accurately indicate any pitch discrepancy. The speed at which the needle responds to the input can be changed over a range of three steps; you can choose rapid or slow needle movement to match your tuning preference. You can also choose from two tuning modes; Auto mode, which automatically detects the pitch of a single note you play on the input instrument, or Manual mode, which lets you specify the desired note name. In Manual mode the needle movement is shown in a range of ±500 cents, letting you view the tuning discrepancy over a wide range. In addition to the excellent visibility unique to a needle-type meter, the LEDs located below the meter also indicate pitch deviation or a perfect match, making precise tuning easy even in dim locations.
- Scale: 12 equal tempered, Pythagorean, Werckmeister III, Vallotti, Mean Tone Eb, Kirnberger III, Young, Mean Tone D#, Kellner
- Transpose Range: C, C#, D, Eb, E, F, F#, G, G#, A, Bb, B
- Detection Range: A0 (27.50 Hz) – C8 (4186 Hz)
- Reference Tone: C2 (65.41 Hz) – C7 (2093 Hz), five octave, two-step volume control
- Tuning Modes: AUTO (SLOW, MEDIUM, FAST), MANUAL, SOUND BACK
- Calibration: A4 = 349 – 499 Hz (1 Hz step)
- Detection Accuracy: ± 1 cent
- Tone Accuracy: ± 1.5 cent
- Connectors: INPUT (1/4” phone jack), OUTPUT (1/4” phone jack), DC IN (9 V)
- Power Supply: Two AAA batteries, or AC adapter (separately sold)
- Battery Life: approx. 100 hours (with alkaline batteries, in meter mode (MEDIUM), A4 tone continuously input, without backlit)
- Dimensions: (W x D x H) 74 x 120 x 36 mm / 2.91” x 4.72” x 1.42”
- Weight: 193 g (including batteries) / 6.81 oz. (including batteries)
- Accessories: two alkaline AAA batteries for checking operation, a suede-tone soft case