A compact chromatic tuner, ideal for use with brass band or orchestra. With superior features like a large, easy-to-read, LCD needle-style display, the Korg CA-40 Chromatic Tuner is great value.
With a wide range that covers A0 (27.50 Hz)〜C8 (4186.01Hz), you can tune a variety of instruments with the CA-40, including wind, string, and keyboard instruments. The pitch and range are detected quickly and accurately. You can use the built-in high-sensitivity microphone to detect the pitch of an acoustic instrument without requiring any other equipment. Alternatively, you can use the separately sold CM-200 contact microphone to send the vibration of the instrument directly to the tuner, so that you can tune accurately without worrying about other sounds in the environment. An output jack (bypass) has been added, making it easy to check the tuning even while you perform.
The CA-40’s display has been enlarged for even better visibility. In addition to providing both the accuracy of an LCD and the easy viewing of a needle-style meter, red and green LEDs are also provided to indicate pitch deviations, making tuning smooth and easy.
In addition to letting you tune visually using the meter, the CA-40 provides a Sound Out function that plays a reference tone through the internal speaker, letting you tune by ear. You can adjust the reference tone in semitone steps over a range of C4 through C5 (one octave) to accommodate a variety of instruments. Since the reference tone you specify is remembered, it’s easy to sound it again whenever you need to.
- Scale: 12-note equal temperament
- Detection Range: A0 (27.50 Hz) – C8 (4186.01 Hz): for a sine wave
- Reference Tone: C4 (261.63 Hz) – C5 (523.25 Hz): 1 octave
- Tuning Mode: Meter mode (AUTO), Sound Out mode (MANUAL)
- Calibration Range: A4=410 Hz – 480 Hz (1 Hz steps)
- Detection Accuracy: ±1 cents or better
- Tone Accuracy: ±1.5 cents or better
- Connectors: INPUT jack (1/4” monaural phone jack), OUTPUT jack (1/4” monaural phone jack)
- Speaker: Dynamic speaker (28 mm diameter)
- Power Supply: Two AAA batteries (3V)
- Battery Life: Approximately 85 hours (Meter mode, continuous A4 input, zinc-carbon batteries)
- Dimensions: (W x D x H) 100 x 67 x 17 mm / 3.94” x 2.64” x 0.67”
- Weight: 88 g / 0.19 lbs. (with batteries)
- Accessories: Two AAA batteries for verifying operation