John Packer JP263 RATH Bb/F Compensating French Horn
As a progressing player who is looking for a lighter weight B/F compensating French Horn, then you will find the JP263 Rath a match for your needs.
Pay On Finance
To buy this instrument on finance, please add it to the cart and follow the instructions that then follow
The design of the JP263Rath B/F compensating French Horn is geared towards the progressing player looking for a lighter weight French Horn with access to both the Bb and F sides of the instrument.
Michael Rath is highly regarded for his trombone designs, but what is less well known is that he spent ten years working with Paxman’s making French Horns.
The JP263 Rath Bb/F French Horn features:
- Constructed from high grade 80:20 brass throughout
- Exclusive Rath design leadpipe
- Includes a compensating system allowing access to both Bb and F sides of the instrument
- Mechanical (ball & socket) linkage and neoprene valve bumpers, usually reserved for more expensive French Horns
- Reversible Bb/F lever for those who prefer the horn to stand in Bb rather than F
The above features ensure the instrument is also suitable for younger players without affecting the quality of the instrument's performance and are the reason the instrument has become so popular with the UK education sector.
All JP Instruments are covered by a comprehensive 2 year warranty against manufacturing defects. Please note this does not cover aesthetic or finish faults. For full terms & conditions visit the JP Musical Instruments website.
The JP263Rath is supplied with a JP612 mouthpiece and comes equipped with a high quality hard case for maximum protection.
Also supplied with a bottle of Ultra Pure valve oil and a maintenance guide to help you keep your instrument in top playing order.
- Model: JP263 Rath
- Key: Bb/F
- Bell Size: High grade 80:20 brass 310mm (12.2")
- Valves: 4 Rotary Valves
- Bore: 12.00mm
- Lyre Box: No
- Mouthpiece: JP612