Add to wishlist
The JP042 Tenor Saxophone is available for hire. Find out more.
For the student looking for an instrument to introduce them to the saxophone, then the John Packer JP042 Bb Tenor Saxophone is an affordable ideal choice. It has been specifically designed to aid the beginner to study and work through the lower grade exams.
The JP042 features many features normally found on more expensive professional models, and not on a saxophone at this price.
- Fully ribbed construction and double spine on the B and C keys, for additional strength
- An underslung octave mechanism
- Rust resistant blue steel springs with tension memory
- Italian leather pads that create a better seal than conventional pads
- Resonator pads to improve projection and give more depth to the tone
- High F# and front F keys
- Floating plate for little finger cluster (left hand)
- Adjustable thumb ring and sling ring
- A range of modern finishes, extra engraving and abalone pearls
All JP Instruments are covered by a comprehensive 2 year warranty against manufacturing defects. Please note this does not cover aesthetic or finish faults. For full terms & conditions visit the JP Musical Instruments website.
The JP042 is supplied in a hard case which has D rings that can facilitate a shoulder strap for ease of transportation along with a Bari Esprit mouthpiece, cap, ligature, basic sling and reed.
- Model: JP042G, JP042BG, JP042S, JP042R, JP042V, JP042A, JP042BS
- Key: Bb
- Material: Brass
- Keywork: JP042S (Silver Plated), JP052G (Gold Lacquer), JP042BG (Gold Lacquer), JP042R (Rose Brass), JP042V (Vintage), JP042A (Antique), JP042BS (Silver Plated)
- Mechanism: Full Keywork
- Finish: Silver Plated (JP042S), Gold Lacquer (JP052G), Black Lacquer (JP042BG) ,Rose Brass (JP042R), Vintage (JP042V), Antique (JP042A), Black Lacquer (JP042BS)
- Lyre Box: Yes