John Packer JP378 Sterling BBb Tuba
Featuring a professional level specification, The JP378 Sterling is constructed from high grade brass (80:20) ensuring the instrument is both durable whilst improving sound quality.
Pay On Finance (subject to status)
To buy this instrument on finance, please add it to the cart and follow the instructions that then follow
The JP378 Sterling is the perfect instrument for a professional player looking for a great quality tuba for a fraction of the price of its competitors. With a large bore, and clear intonation, this tuba would sit perfectly at the back of a top section brass band. It produces a fantastic sound with a good solid core and it is in tune all the way up the scale.
It is very clear to see that the John Packer makers, along with Paul Riggett of Sterling musical instruments, have spent a great deal of time dealing with the traditional problems of these instruments and have come up with fantastic solutions.
The JP378 Sterling features:
- Constructed from high grade brass (80:20) ensuring the instrument is both durable whilst improving sound quality
- The large 19" bell and .730" bore also contribute towards an improved sound quality and increased acoustic projection
- Features a carefully configured fully compensating system ensuring that accurate tuning and alternate fingering is possible
- Sterling designed leadpipe
All JP Instruments are covered by a comprehensive 2 year warranty against manufacturing defects. Please note this does not cover aesthetic or finish faults. For full terms & conditions visit the JP Musical Instruments website.
The JP378 Sterling comes supplied with a mouthpiece and the John Packer JP861 Pro Lightweight BBb Tuba Case.
- Model: JP378, JP378S
- Key: BBb
- Bell Size: High Grade Brass 490mm (19.29”)
- Valves: 4 Piston Valves
- Bore: Large 18.54mm (0.730”)
- Water Keys: 3
- Body: High Grade Brass
- Finish: Lacquer (JP378), Silver Plated (JP378S)
- Lyre Box: Yes