Holton h-3250 Valve Oil Popular lubricant for piston valves.
About the maker
Frank Holton opened his small shop selling second hand instruments and his own secret recipe of Electric Oil trombone slide oil, in Chicago in 1896.
By 1898 he was able to hire an instrument maker to produce his “Holton Special” trombone. By 1904 he was selling trombones, cornets, valve trombones and mellophones.
In 1914 Holton’s instruments were being played by many professional artists, including Vincent Bach at the 1914 Boston Symphony.
By 1917 an agreement was made to build a factory in the city of Elkhorn, Winconsin.
1929 and Holton introduced a complete line of school grade instruments under the Holton Collegiate name.
Frank Holton sold the company in 1939 to Fred Kull, a company employee.
Sadly in 1942 Frank passed away. During World War II, the Holton company concentrated on war production. But after the war, the company saw steady growth.
1964 saw the company being sold to the G. Leblanc Corporation due to the pressure to offer a complete range of woodwind instruments.
Under Leblanc’s ownership, Holton would become a leader in low brass manufacturing. Supported by well known artists such as Philip Farkas and Ethel Merker, Holton’s French Horns became increasingly popular.
In 2008, production was moved from Elkhorn to Eastlake, Ohio.