Echoes of Ellington: The Tattooed Bride CD
Musical Director and Bandleader Pete Long has gathered together an ensemble of the finest talent from around the UK and the musical sum total is a tour de force as he takes you through some of Duke Ellington’s classic works.More details
Musical Director and Bandleader Pete Long has gathered together an ensemble of the finest talent from around the UK and the musical sum total is a tour de force as he takes you through some of Duke Ellington’s classic works.
The subtlety and complexity of Ellington’s harmonies are handled with a precision and tenderness that provide the perfect backdrop for some extraordinary virtuoso moments from all members of the ensemble. This is a band that loves and respects Ellington and they deliver their passion for the great composer from the first note to the last.
- The Tattooed Bride – Ellington/Strayhorn (Transcribed by Alan Prosser) – (10:58) solo’s by James Pearson, Peter Long and Callum Au
- Things ain’t what they used to be – Mercer Ellington (Transcribed by David Berger) – (02:48) solo by Colin Skinner
- Air conditioned jungle – Ellington /Hamilton – (Transcribed by Peter Long) - (04:39) solo’s by Laurence Ungless and Peter Long
- Sepia Panorama – Ellington/Strayhorn (Copied from original score) - (04:11) solo’s by Laurence Ungless, James Pearson, Callum Au, Rico Tomasso, Alex Garnett and Chris Traves
- Just squeeze me – Ellington (Transcribed by Ken Rattenbury and Peter Long) - (04:58) solo’s by Georgina Jackson, Rico Tomasso and Jay Craig.
- Heaven – Ellington (Adapted from original score by Peter Long) – (03:01) solo by Colin Skinner
- Waiting for some trumpets - Head arrangement (08:12) Solo’s by James Pearson, Alex Garnett, Peter Long, and Nathan Bray
- Tootin’ through the roof – Ellington (Transcribed by Alan Prosser) – (03:24) – Solo’s by James Pearson, Jay Craig, Mike Lovatt, Peter Ripper, Andy Flaxman, Peter Long, Nathan Bray and Louis Dowdeswell.