Besson BE968 Sovereign Euphonium
Besson Sovereign euphoniums are an example of the British mastery of brass manufacturing. Both BE967 and BE968 are fully compensating instruments, and are probably the most free-blowing euphoniums on the market.
The Besson Sovereign BE968 is the perfect instrument for any professional level player looking for a slightly lighter Sovereign with a more direct and focused sound.
Besson Sovereign euphoniums are an example of the British mastery of brass manufacturing. Both BE967 and BE968 are fully compensating instruments, and are probably the most free-blowing euphoniums on the market with a clear and powerful sound right throughout its entire range.
- The Sovereign BE968 euphonium has a lively response, and the “classic” Besson tone. The wonderful valve action is known and trusted by players all over the world
- The Sovereign euphoniums are slightly lighter in weight than the Prestige models, providing a very open and free-blowing feel with an immediacy of response that appeals to many musician.
- All the Sovereign models are large bore four-valve compensating instruments, with the bell size of the 968 slightly smaller than the 96
The Besson Sovereign BE968 is supplied with a removable water catcher, special valve springs and a fixed lyre box. The euphonium also comes with a shaped ABS case with wooden frame, Alliance mouthpiece, micro-fibre cloth, valve oil and a lyre.
- Model: BE968-1-0 Sovereign, BE968-2-0 Sovereign
- Key: Bb
- Bell Size: Yellow Brass 280mm (11")
- Valves: Piston 4
- Bore: Large 14.98mm (.590")
- Water Key: Lever 3
- Body: Yellow Brass
- Finish: Lacquer (BE968-1-0), Silver Plate (BE968-2-0)
- Lyre Box: Yes
- Mouthpiece: Alliance Mouthpiece