Besson BE967 Sovereign Euphonium
Both BE967 and BE968 are fully compensating instruments, and are probably the most free-blowing euphoniums on the market with a clear and powerful sound right throughout its entire range.
Pay On Finance (subject to status)
To buy this instrument on finance, please add it to the cart and follow the instructions that then follow
Besson Sovereign euphoniums are an example of the British mastery of brass manufacturing. Both BE967 and BE968 are fully compensating instruments, and are probably the most free-blowing euphoniums on the market with a clear and powerful sound right throughout its entire range.
The Sovereign BE967 euphonium is the standard large bore instrument of the brass band world. Since the inception of the Sovereign euphonium in 1972, this instrument has led the way with a sound quality that perfectly exemplifies the meaning of the word euphonium itself, 'beautiful sounding', with a cantabile style all of its own.
Just a few of the BE967 notable features:
- 4 valves with its famous compensating tuning system
- 3 water keys
- The innovative positioning of the leadpipe away from the bell for a lively response
- Improved taper on the mouthpipe for improved intonation
- The pedal tones are huge, the best ever, as is the flexibility
This is an elegant romantic instrument. Its clear centred high register allows you the player freedom to "sing" through the instrument.
Supplied outfit, in case with Alliance mouthpiece in leather case and accessories including a micro-fibre cloth, valve oil, lyre and a removable water catcher.
- Model: BE967-1-0 (Lacquer), BE967-2-0 (Silver Plated)
- Key: Bb
- Bell Size: Yellow Brass 304mm (12")
- Valves: Piston 4
- Bore: Large 15mm (.590")
- Water Key: Lever 3
- Body: Yellow Brass
- Finish: Lacquer (BE967-1-0), Silver Plated (BE967-2-0)
- Lyre Box: Yes
- Mouthpiece: Alliance