Altus 1007 Flute
A popular open hole choice for teachers, and advancing flautists.
Due to its nickel silver keywork mechanism, this instrument offers the typical sound of a full silver flute but still remains in the low-cost range. The ALTUS 1007 has a wide overtone spectrum, an easy response and markedly uniform playability in all registers.
The easy playing and reliability of the 1007 makes it the perfect choice when there is a greater need for resistance and a richer tone colour. Its silvery character offers increased projection ability and evenness of tone. The 1107 and 1007 models are favoured by advanced woodwind students, woodwind doublers and teachers alike.
The Altus Company, founded by Shuichi Tanaka, produces handmade flutes in the town of Azumino in Japan. Altus is one of the most innovative companies when it comes to alloying and new ways of construction. The flute is looked upon as a piece of art, and Altus is relying on the European tradition of flute craftsmanship (Lot and Boehm).
- Supplied with S cut headjoint for flexibility, ease of play and rich tone
- Handmade .925 Brittania silver headjoint gives a full, strong and rich tonal range
- .925 Silver body and footjoint
- Silver plated keywork mechanism
- Special soldered C# tone hole riser
- C Foot (Also available with B foot and open holes, 1007RBE)
- Split E mechanism
- Offset G
- Available with open (1007RE) or closed holes (1007E)
The Altus 1007 is supplied in a leatherette hard case with cleaning accessories, a wooden cleaning rod, gauze cloth and polishing cloth.
- Model: 1007E, 1007RE
- Key: C
- Headjoint: Solid Silver
- Lip Plate: Solid Silver
- Body: Solid Silver
- Foot Joint: C
- Tone Holes: Extruded
- Keywork: Closed Hole (1007E), Open Hole (1007RE)
- Offset G: Yes
- E Mechanism: Split E
- Arms: Frech (Pointed)