Why renting might be the best way to gift music
Do you remember that advert about Elton John getting a piano for Christmas? Receiving a musical instrument can really be life-changing! Even if you don't aspire to be a world famous musician, music can be the source of great joy, companionship and inspiration!
But instruments aren't cheap, and how do you know if you'll get on well with one instrument more than another?
Whatever your age, renting a musical instrument is a great way to dip your toe into music, without the commitment - or potentially large outlay.
Children often try one instrument and find some months later that they'd now like to try something different - even adults can sometimes feel this way! Without having spent a not insignificant amount of money on an instrument (not forgetting the accessories that accompany it), hiring an instrument means there's less pressure on all involved.
Hiring is also really good option for adults who learned as a child and now want to get back into playing. Because our range is so affordable, you could hire an instrument as a stop-gap to get your technique back into shape before upgrading to a more advanced model.*
So we've established that hiring is great, but here's four reasons why the John Packer Rental Scheme really is the best:
- The range: We hire Flutes, Clarinets, Saxophones, Oboes, Cor Anglais, Bassoons, Trumpets, Cornets, Flugel Horns, Tenor Horns, Baritone Horns, Euphoniums and French Horns.
- Price: Monthly charges start from only £15 a month.
- Value: Customers can off-set a maximum of six months' rental payments off the price of the instrument they're hiring.
- Save VAT: If you're in state education you can also purchase your instrument via the school to save paying the VAT. (Read details and T&C's)
* While you can't off-set hire fees off the price of a different instrument. If you do choose to buy a different model of instrument, as a previous hire we guarantee to give you a good deal on any upgrade.
So what are you waiting for?